Halloween Banner Contest

Discussion of any of the other sections of the site can be discussed here, as well as anything regarding these forums themselves.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

ParaKiss_Groupie
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by ParaKiss_Groupie » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:18 am

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand now it's time for Kisu's Choice!

To recap for those who don't know, the Kisu's Choice Award isn't my favourite banner, or which one I thought was best, or anything like that. It's which banner showed amazing amounts of creativity and design, but which could still use some work.

I proudly give the Kisu's Choice Award for Halloween/Fall '06 to...

Umino!

The choice of image used, specificaly the melting Senshi, was very creative and the blending with the background looked great. In fact, the only thing that kept me from voting it higher in the list was the text. It came off as a bit too bright, and took away from the banner as a whole. Keep practicing and playing with the program you've been using, and you're sure to place!

You can go here to pick up your avatar:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/M ... loween.png

Great work everybody, and I seriously mean that. The choices were very tough this year, as everybody really put a lot of work into their banner. Make the Christmas banner even harder, everybody!
"I loved you. I was a pentapod monster, but I love you. I was despicable and brutal and turpid, mais je t'aimais, je t'aimais. And there were times when I knew how you felt, and it was hell to know it. My Lolita girl, brave Dolly Schuller."
--Vladimir Nabokov, Lolita

Umino
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Umino » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:53 am

Yay! The results are in!

Congrats everyone that won! And great job Tiff, the Love Witch (and Toki*Meca) icons are so cute.
ParaKiss_Groupie wrote: I proudly give the Kisu's Choice Award for Halloween/Fall '06 to...

Umino!

The choice of image used, specificaly the melting Senshi, was very creative and the blending with the background looked great. In fact, the only thing that kept me from voting it higher in the list was the text. It came off as a bit too bright, and took away from the banner as a whole. Keep practicing and playing with the program you've been using, and you're sure to place!

You can go here to pick up your avatar:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y173/M ... loween.png
*Jumps in the air*

Yay! Thank you for the kind words, and suggestions. I have a hard time with text in graphics. ^^;

I'll upload the icon as soon as I get home. (We can't view any picture links at school)

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:41 pm

Congratulations to all of the winners and runner up! ^.~
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:47 pm

Anou. . . I see my 3d place banner was put up today, but since there was a delay in the judging, and then in posting the 2d place banner, I don't think it's fair for mine to go up yet. Blackat's hasn't had the full 10 days and if someone has to lose time, it should be the third place banner. Maybe hers should go up again for 3 or 4 more days?
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

Blackat
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor
Location: The only place where you can find Kangaroos in your backyard.

Post by Blackat » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:17 am

....Wah? I'm confuzzled. I still see my banner up anyway? Maybe it's just my internet, or maybe Tiff took your advice, Sailorasteroid?

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:56 am

She might have, because I still see the boob-banner up.
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

Elanorea
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Elanorea » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:24 pm

I think she did... the other banner was definitely up some time ago, but now the old one's back.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:30 pm

Yes, I took his advice.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Blackat
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor
Location: The only place where you can find Kangaroos in your backyard.

Post by Blackat » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:11 pm

Even though I really had no idea that this was going on, thanks for changing it Tiff! XD