Describe Your Peers

Discussion of any of the other sections of the site can be discussed here, as well as anything regarding these forums themselves.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Describe Your Peers

Post by Panda » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:58 am

As the title pronounces, describe your SMU peers. PLease keep it clean and have fun :D

Tiff: You remind me of your avatar. I respect you a great deal for keeping your opinions and not breaking in a conversation.

Bob: You are a very funny person. Like seriously, you make me laugh.

Dan: I also respect you a great deal. You always seem to have your priorities straight.

Sylphiel: You seem cool enough...

Tempest: I really appreciated that you confronted me via PM that one time. That says alot about you in my eyes believe it or not. :D

I'll talk about the rest of you as you post I guess... I can't remember names right now :oops:

Starscream
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by Starscream » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:44 pm

Because this has the potential to be offensive, I'm going to take a mod's stance on this one.

If you have nothing nice to say about someone, do NOT bash them in this thread. I don't want any flame wars starting because of one person's negative opinions about another; while there might be some users who have less-than-stellar opinions about others, this forum, let alone this thread, is NOT the place for it. If I or the other mods feel that people's comments are being far too frank or insulting, we will lock this thread.

ALSO: Do NOT take personal offense if you are not "recognized" by one of the posters here. We have many users, and it would be difficult for every single person participating in this thread to comment on each and every one of us. Do not complain, either here or via PMs to the poster or the admins, that you were not mentioned or were left out for some reason. Again, we will lock this thread if it gets too whiny for our taste.

That is all.
- David Graña

<3 Happily Married to Jennifer since July 16, 2005 <3

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one’s enemies" - Starscream
My Livejournal.

Judge: "Yes. What? You say if I testify I’ll be killed? Oh. It’s for you." (hands the phone to Fry)
Roberto: (On the phone) "And the other hamburger will also be made of your lungs. So long, pal."
Fry: "I refuse to testify on the grounds that my organs will be chopped up into a patty."
Judge: "Ah, the 67th Amendment."
Futurama, Insane in the Mainframe

Leela’s (former) boss: "Oh my various gods!"
Futurama, How Hermes Requisitioned his Groove Back

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:08 pm

OK, I'll try a hand at this

In no particular order:

Peachvampiress: the Fun-Loving Bitch par excellence (and I mean that as a compliment).

RoastedTwinkies: I've been happy to help where I can, and I'm still happy to consider her a friend.

Sailor Europa: The one SMUer I've met in Real Life (*shudder*), and absolutely brilliant when it comes to talking anime. Edit: I take that back; I bumped into LadyFlameSniper at the anime convention once.

Marioknight: Remings me so much of my friend Karl. He was a cloistered nerd until he went to college, then became a party animal and a video game genius.

Sylphiel: a lovable lecher, or whatever the female equivalent of that is. I'm insanely jealous of her DDR prowess.

Animeguru0: Happy to have him around when things get political, since we're close in opinion.

Tiff: Her iron discipline (self and otherwise) should well serve in her chosen profession. But I would not like to have her as a boss.

Musashi: I like all your funny avatars and your wisdom beyond your years.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:36 pm

Sailorasteroid wrote:
Tiff: Her iron discipline (self and otherwise) should well serve in her chosen profession. But I would not like to have her as a boss.
*CACKLES*

XD my hardassery definitely pays off in teaching.
Panda wrote:
Tiff: You remind me of your avatar. I respect you a great deal for keeping your opinions and not breaking in a conversation.
Well, thank you. ^_^

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
Rachel: Huh...a...moo point?
Joey: Yeah. It''''s like a cow''s opinion. It doesn''t matter....It''s moo.
-Friends

"In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn"
-Son of Man, Tarzan

"Why do we have to resort to nonviolence? Can’t we just kick their asses?"
-Leela, Futurama

~*Happily married to My Joe since 08/04/07*~

Sylphiel
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sylphiel » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:54 pm

Sailorasteroid wrote:Sylphiel: a lovable lecher, or whatever the female equivalent of that is. I'm insanely jealous of her DDR prowess.
Why thank you. XD

Tiff: Even though we don't get along I respect the fact that she stands firm on her opinions and seems to be an excellent teacher, which is definitely something I wouldn't be able to do. *CANNOT deal with kids* X_x;;

Dan: ...is a red-haired ninja. No, really. xD But anyway, we all know how I feel about Freckles Bednarski. I almost married the guy, so it can't be that unhighly. ;)

Bob: As stated above by others, makes me laugh a lot. Especially in his old comparisons. I admire his strict beliefs. And lastly, his M&M avatar guy on AIM is annoying as hell. =P

Musashi: SASHI-CHAAAAN *GLOMPTACKLEOFDOOM*. One of my best friends I've met from teh forums! I heart her and stuffs.

Tempest: Makes uber-1337 graphics, a great mod, and is one of the nicest people I've ever met online OR in person. Yay for Tempy <3

Starscream: Is a bad-ass. 'nuff said. XD

Sailorasteroid: My partner in crime, I feel at times. Probably because we tend to say stuff that's kinda controvertial or not necessarily agreed with, or sassy. ;) He also has some of the best quotes on the forums. =P

Neon Heart/formerly Sailor Space: Hilarious, random, and crazy... reminds me of a younger version of me ^^; And hooray for DDR love.

Cardcaptor Takato: Very nice person, easy to talk to. :)

...and I am sorry for anyone who I forgot, cause I know I certainly did. ;_; I'll edit this if need be.
Kait (ka-t) n. - see also Sylph.
1. Sassy Cleric IRL.
2. She who is likely to kick your ass in DDR.
3. Webmistress of lovesenshi.net.
4. Admin of Black Butterfly: An Anna Tsuchiya fan community.
5. Moderator of the KanzakaDex forums.
6. STILL SMUs Village Idiot. ^_~
Journal | Facebook | MySpace | Flickr

So if you care to find me, look to the western sky
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly
And if Im flying solo, at least Im flying free
To those whod ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am defying gravity

NameGoesHere
SMU Chibi-mod
SMU Chibi-mod

Post by NameGoesHere » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:58 pm

Sailorasteriod: He knows where he stands, and he voices that position well, while being very funny in the process. Also, Sailorsteroid =/= a whiney bum.

Dan: Awesome tech skills of DOOM. Seriously. My brain would explode if I were to pack in an equivalent amount of know-how.

Bob: This may sound really geeky, but I love reading his responses on political and moral issues, because he always makes a point that gets me thinking.

Tiffu: She works with children, and she does it well. If that's not admirable, I don't know what is. And as I've said to her before, she has a wonderful connection with her friends and loved ones that really shines through.

Tempest: She has a wonderful eye for design, and an even more wonderful personality. She is so kind and fair with her moderating duties, and with her friends. I sometimes wish that I could be more like that.

Peach: Awesome to the nth degree. She has a great personality and a great style that really brings humor and fun to the forums.

Sylph: WTFBBQ? She usually has me laughing or confused, but either way, she makes things interesting. She's not afraid to be herself, and that is a trait that I always find most excellent.

...I probably forgot someone. DX
NameGoesHere - Now made with 100% more ingredients.

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:17 pm

NGH and Slyph: if I am remembered for nothing else but my epigrams, I shall die a happy man. But I'm willing to bet they spell Sailorasteroid wrong on the tombstone. :)

I should probably also say this: whatever I feel for any of you individually, in the aggregate I have so much love for you. The SMU forums have a permanent slot in the left hand of my browser taskbar. It's the first thing I check in the morning and when I get home from work, and it's the last thing I check before I go to bed. There are just so many wonderful people here in near-perfect bonhomie. Anyone who says Sailor Moon can't work miracles hasn't seen the SMU Forums.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

I <3 all you guys!

Neon Heart
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Neon Heart » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:50 pm

Sylphiel: Thou maketh me laff xD

Panda: You are one interesting 14 year old, because you are mature and seem to handel things better than most 14 year olds.

....I can't think of anything else. >_<
The Single Funniest Thread Title Ever
Ian Ziering will not pose nude; world`s sigh of relief causes tornado

^ ^ ^ ROFL

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:10 pm

NameGoesHere wrote:
Tiffu: She works with children, and she does it well. If that's not admirable, I don't know what is. And as I've said to her before, she has a wonderful connection with her friends and loved ones that really shines through.
T_T awww. thank you.

Joey: The question is, Rachel, does he like you? ''Cuz if he doesn''t, then it''s all just a moo point.
-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

Panda
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Panda » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:52 pm

Neon Heart wrote:
Panda: You are one interesting 14 year old, because you are mature and seem to handel things better than most 14 year olds.
Wow, that was unexpected. Thank you, I really appreciate that :D (I'm almost 15 dammit...!)

Neon Heart, I like something about you but I have'nt been able to place it yet. Maybe your personality is likeable? Something like that. You're cool. :D

Dr. Casey
SMU Visitor
SMU Visitor

Post by Dr. Casey » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:34 am

Bob, Dan, and Tiff - Their comments at the start of each episode review are always fun to read, but Tiff gets 10 bonus points for being the only one with a presence in the Sailor Moon section. I also like her appreciation for the series and the way her opinions don't ever suck.

SailorMoonFan - When it comes to pure enthusiasm for Sailor Moon, this guy ranks near the top. He's also a friendly and energetic fellow.

Sailorasteroid - He's above average when it comes to maturity and intelligence. Nice Chibi-Usa avatar, as well.

Sylphiel - She started a topic on Sonic X. Sonic X = win. Therefore, Sylphiel = win.

Hmm... that's it for now.

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:21 am

Dr. Casey wrote:Sailorasteroid - He's above average when it comes to maturity and intelligence. Nice Chibi-Usa avatar, as well.
Credit Tiff for the avatar--it's from the banner contest. As for maturity, to quote Bugs Bunny, "Aaah. . . he don't know me very well, do he?"

I <3 all you guys!

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:46 am

Tiffu: I'd say the best admin I've ever interacted with, if not the best ever. I admire how you can be so funny and yet so serious. Most people can't balance both. ;-; And all types of funny, too. From the simple giggle to "omg i never would've thought of that ROTFLMAO XD" and all that good stuff. ;-)
Last edited by SeiUsa on Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Facts of the Animal Kingdom:
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."
And of course…”Tigers bite you.”
--From Tiffu’s Pre-K students. =D
And one from me...Leopards are gorgeous.

Tiff
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by Tiff » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:56 am

SeiUsa wrote:Tiffu: I'd say the best admin I've ever interacted with, if not the best ever. I admire how you can be so funny and yet so serious. Most people can't balance both. ;-; And all types of funny, too. From the simple giggle to "omg i never would've thought of that ROTFLMAO XD" and all that good stuff. ;-)
Awwww. Thanks, sweetie.

-Friends

-Son of Man, Tarzan

-Leela, Futurama

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:25 pm

more to add!

Sailor V: You seem like a really fun person, and you have great taste in Sailor Moon parings, lol. :wink:

Musashi: Any fan of Pokemon is a friend of mine. ^_~ But seriously, you seem pretty cool and fun.

Sailorasteroid: Comes up with some funny quotes (considering the number of people who have sigged them :P).
Last edited by SeiUsa on Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."

Sailor V
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Sailor V » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:12 pm

Bob: He's funny most of the time, and it is so fun to scare him. XD Anyway, I like his reviews because I like anything that makes me laugh, and that is it.

Jeannie [Panda]-Fun person to be around. Smart and funny at the same time. A very rare combination, since most of the kids in my school choose to act like morons. Also, she got me addicted to pain-killers. :D :D :lol:

Kellie [SeiUsa]-Another person I wouldn't mind being real life friends with. She is funny and knowledgable about Sailor Moon. She has a great personality, and has a lot of spunk. She also agrees that Usagi and Seiya should be together, something I believe should happen. She also finds great "WTFs".

Tiff-n00bs beware. Tiff will bash you with her admin stick. You don't want to piss her off. If you do, then expect to be screwed. Other than that, she brings authority to the site.

And that is it. I need to like, make more friends here. I actually have more friends here than in RL because I'm shy. T__T
Bob: People! Tiff had to put the crying Usagi banner up! Enter the contest!!! D8
Tiff: They must love making Usagi cry. ;_; poor Usagi.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumper Sticker: A villiage in Texas is missing its idiot. Send Bush home.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idiot of 2010: Arnold Schwarzenegger sucks ass! He killed Tookie!
Sailor V: Do not worry! We will all be good little kids and when you come back, everything will be the same. *The place burns up as soon as Tiffu leaves*
Tiff: DAMN YOU ALL.
Sailor V: I DID NOT START IT! *Hides a liter and has Dan tied up in the backroom*
Dan: Gah! Off of me and back to Bob! *replaces self with Bob and runs*
Sailor V: Wait! Come back! I cannot have you interfering with my plans to bring down the forum!

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:38 am

Sailor V wrote:Kellie [SeiUsa]-Another person I wouldn't mind being real life friends with. She is funny and knowledgable about Sailor Moon. She has a great personality, and has a lot of spunk. She also agrees that Usagi and Seiya should be together, something I believe should happen. She also finds great "WTFs".
Aww, thank you. I'm really flattered. :)
"Zebras can bite."
"Snakes say sss."
"Lions chase people."

SeiUsa
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by SeiUsa » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:49 pm

More to add:

Senshi of Vision: You seem like a really sweet person, and I like reading opinions you have about certain topics (like Bratz :wink: )

Neon Heart: Really fun member at SMU, and you always have the best pictures. XD

Sailor Mars Obsessed Fan: You seem like a pretty cool person, and you have great taste in pairings. (Usagi/Rei is my second favorite pairing because of you:))

Senshi_of_Vision
SMU Divine Fan
SMU Divine Fan

Post by Senshi_of_Vision » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:11 am

Thank you SeiUsa ^_^ I have lots of fun posting on here to.

Wow there are alot of people on here that I enjoy reading their thoughts. I dunno if I could limited to a few. So many give good thoughts and incites and help me see different points of views. I love the different avatars Seiusa and Neon Heart come up with. And some of your comments make me laugh hard which I need some nights. I love the intelligent comments that posters like Cardcaptor Takato, and Jeff make, as well as the honesty and personal posts from Sailormars obessed fan and Yoshmaster5. There are many others Peachvampiress gave me great tips on collecting dolls. And thanks to Arius I now have the scanned version of the sailor v manga which I love. I hope to continue to talk to and make friends on these forums. So many of you guys have made joinning this place great.

I could go on about the mods but they all know how much I appreciate them, Tiff for posting my crazy rants, Bob for the old emails when Id go on about different sailormoon subjects. And Dan if it wasnt for his site I wouldnt have known about the unedited versions of the show. And I still have all my episiodes on cdrom that I downloaded from MKBO years ago. Im just glad this place is around and kicking and hope it stays for many years to come.
"Have you been half asleep? And have youve heard voices?
I hear them calling my name."
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young sailors?
The voice maybe one in the same.
Ive heard it too many times to ignore it,
its something that I sposed to be..
Someday we''''ll find it, the rainbow connection
The lover, the dreamer, and me..."

*Being a bad girl is such hard work....

Banana
SMU Wannabe
SMU Wannabe

Post by Banana » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:28 pm

Y'all are equally 8) in my eyes.