Error with pages?

Discussion of any of the other sections of the site can be discussed here, as well as anything regarding these forums themselves.

Moderators: SMU Staff, SMU Chibi-Mods

Trajedy
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Error with pages?

Post by Trajedy » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:21 pm

Blah... I hate making this my first post, but it's been bugging me for a few days. n_n;;

Whenever I try to view a season's comparison page, it just pops up with this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/ ... uerror.jpg

When I try to visit a particular comparison, editorial, etc. I just get a white page says something alont the lines of 'Specific editorial could not be found."

I've tried it in a different browser, and a friend also had the same problems. The site has worked fine up until a few days ago, so I was wondering if this might have something to do with the server move?

I would be worried it was just me, because I didn't see anyone else address this topic, but a friend in Virginia had the same thing happen, so I'm not sure what to think. :oops:

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:27 pm

I'm getting the same error. Must have something to do with the server move..........

Dan..........?

TBA

AnimeGuru0
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by AnimeGuru0 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:24 am

Update: Apparently it's not just the series section, it's basically the entire site. We'll fix it ASAP.

TBA

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:37 am

I had originally coded the site with PHP4 in mid as it was the standard at the time of coding. When moving to the new server, I had it set to use PHP5 since that is the newest version. It appears that some of my code is incompatible with PHP5 for whatever reason (I don't know why some is and some isn't since it's all in the same style and format from my perspective), so I will set the server to use PHP4 for this domain until I can see what I need to change to be PHP5 compatible. It may take a little bit for the change to go through. I apologize for the inconvience.

Edit 10 minutes later: I can't make this change right at this moment since I can't access the control panel. Going through the host status site, it appears they've been dealing with various attacks this weekend, which would explain why the sites have been wonky lately. So once I can access the panel again, I will make the change back to PHP4 and sometime after that the site should be operational again.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

MarioKnight
SMU Staff
SMU Staff

Post by MarioKnight » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:06 am

The server for this domain has been set to PHP4 and all the pages should be working normally now. Once again, sorry for the inconvience.
Dan Bednarski ~ MarioKnight
Narsk.NET
smuncensored.com administrator
WikiMoon SysOp
phpBB MODs - Change forum banner
SMU :: MKBO :: Jumbled Thoughts :: FightingMongooses.com
DD:Recall Profile and DDR scores
Xbox Live Profile

Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon - Book on sale now! Please support!

Click here to have your voice heard to bring tokusatsu shows (such as PGSM) to this side of the ocean.

RIP
Sam DeNato: 1/11/07
Kevin Watt: 10/7/07
Evan Schoberlein - 7/24/08

This list seems to keep on growing. =(

Trajedy
SMU Newbie
SMU Newbie

Post by Trajedy » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:04 pm

Wai, it's ok! n_n Thank you for fixing it so fast! You all do an excellent job with this site. :)

Sailorasteroid
ZOMFG 1337
ZOMFG 1337

Post by Sailorasteroid » Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:30 pm

OK, I'm experiencing another minor annoyance. In PMs, the whole

[quote="So-and-so"]what they said[/quote]

thing isn't working. The regular quote tag works fine, and the credited quote works in forum posts, but in PMs it doesn't see it as code.
Things I think Are Funny Early in the Morning: If Batman were a Smurf: "Quick, Robin! We must smurf down to the Batcave and smurf the Batplane! Then we must smurf the batsmurf so we can smurf where the Joker is smurfing!"

The Croonerism Spate (explanations upon request)
Be careful with this one, there is a bit of a pun involved. Dr. Spooner described his visit to a castle: "In the center of the fortress was the Palace Court. The gated entrance to this area was the court palace."

Users whose sigs my quotes have made (now in two columns)
Tempest___________________Peachvampiress (I think)
Sylphiel (twice!)____________Neon Heart
RoastedTwinkies (long ago)___Alexclow345
Seiusa____________________Nehelenia`s Crazy Fangirl

I <3 all you guys!